Can we define Gravity as an effect or an action force? Why is it a force that can only attract (not repel) and get stronger as two masses get closer?
4. The seasons on Earth are caused by the axial tilt, if this varies could it cause climate change?
Scientific Thought about the beginning of our Solar system has changed over history. Based on this chapter do you think the current theory is accurate?
Scientists correctly analyzed the thinning of the Ozone layer over the South Pole,thinning was corrected by banning CFC’s. Is global climate change on Earth a similar problem that we can correct?
The treaty below outlines the current policy concerning militarizing space. Is the current suggestion to form a military branch called the Space Force in violation of this treaty? Should the US withdraw from this treaty or should space remain to be demilitarized?
Signed during the Space Race by the United States, the Soviet Union, and the United Kingdom on January 27, 1967, the agreement forms the basis of international space law. It is up for review in 2048. The treaty states:
· The exploration and use of outer space shall be carried out for the benefit and in the interests of all countries and shall be the province of all mankind;
· Outer space shall be free for exploration and use by all States;
· Outer space is not subject to national appropriation by claim of sovereignty, by means of use or occupation, or by any other means;
· States shall not place nuclear weapons or other weapons of mass destruction in orbit or on celestial bodies or station them in outer space in any other manner;
· The Moon and other celestial bodies shall be used exclusively for peaceful purposes;
· Astronauts shall be regarded as the envoys of mankind;
· States shall be responsible for national space activities whether carried out by governmental or non-governmental entities;
· States shall be liable for damage caused by their space objects; and
· States shall avoid harmful contamination of space and celestial bodies.
Is global warming a hoax? Is it wrong to curtail our greenhouse gas emissions? Should we look at Venus for a model on how planet Earth could be in the future?
Do you think it was appropriate to demote Pluto from a planet to a dwarf planet? Is there a definitive way to use the term ‘planet’?