I’m trying to learn for my Communications class and I’m stuck. Can you help?
CH 4 DB Instructions/Prompt [READ]
Before you begin this assignment, read this: Discussion Board Instructions/Expectations [READ]
Link to Chapter 4 Discussion Board (find it below)
- Read Chapter 4 of the course text, How To Improve Your Interpersonal Communication Skills.
- https://grossmont.grlcontent.com/improvecomskills/… this is the website to the book the login info are username;email@example.com / password; Larson2020!
- Explore the learning tools included in the chapter.
- Based on your understanding of the chapter respond to the following questions:
- Has the pandemic of the coronavirus affected your sense of identity? If so how? If not why not?
- Has the presence of the coronavirus pandemic affected the way you engage in interpersonal relationships? How?
- If the coronavirus pandemic has not affected the way you engage in interpersonal relationships explain why not?
Discussion Board Instructions/Expectations [READ]
Chapter Discussion Boards are a major part of the course as well as a big part of your overall grade in the course. Interaction is the key to learning! For this course, interaction is based on discussion board posts.
- Each student must post their own response to the discussion board question (called an original thread) along with posting a response to at least two other student postings (called a peer response).
- When you respond to a peer posting, you don’t always have to agree with them. Use your critical thinking skills and analyze their response, give more details or challenge their assumptions. Being a good student means using critical thinking! You will want to create discussion board assignments that are meaningful and interesting to you personally and to your colleagues in the class.
- This assignment is a discussion between you and your classmates. It is not necessary to evaluate the post. You will need to stay away from evaluative statements: “You did a really great job. You have all the required information and I like your structure, it is organized.” Address the chapter prompt.
- Do not use material from your original post in your peer responses (including the textbook references).
- Do not copy and paste materials from any peer original threads in your response, i.e., …when you said “and then you copy and paste a chunk from the original thread you are responding to…” Yeah, that, don’t do that.
Textbook References: Clear references to the textbook are required in both the original thread post and both peer responses for all course DBs.
- Textbook references should come from the chapter(s) specified in the assignment prompt and be clearly connected to your post and the assignment topic.
- Be sure and include the chapter and page number from the textbook in your posts, for example (chapter 2, 59), just as you would do for any research paper/post!
Chapter DBs: You can earn a total of 10 points per discussion board: 5 points maximum for your original thread posting and 5 points maximum for your response to 2 or more other student’s postings:
- Original threads/posts should be at least 400-500 words total and have a least one clear and connected textbook reference from the specified chapter with a proper citation (chapter number, page number).
- Each of the two peer responses should be at least 150 words each in length and have a least 1 textbook reference from the specified chapter. You will have one textbook reference in each of your peer response posts.
- Participants must create/post a thread in order to view other threads in each forum.
- Please do not include prompt/DB questions in your posts.
- Your post should be in essay format (paragraphs), not a list of answers with bullets
- Grammar and spelling should be checked and corrected before you post. You cannot edit or delete your post once you submit/post it. Do not post a response to your original post with additional information or materials.
- Do not submit your post as an attachment or link(i.e., Word file, Google Docs, etc). It must be typed/copy & pasted into the text box.
- All DB assignments require multiple textbook references.