I don’t understand this Science question and need help to study.
Current Events #5
Task 1- Search
You will search news outlets for two articles that are related to public health. These articles must come from different sources (CNBC, Fox, CNN, Vox, Science Daily, NPR, etc.) and they must relate to the same public health topic. (Example- topic about COVID-19 with one article coming from NPR and one article from CNBC). You must provide a link to both article in the write-up! (1 point)
Task 2- Assignment Write-Up
You will then discuss the following in a write-up:
- What is the common theme/topic of the two articles? (1 point)
- Briefly describe the two articles. (5 points)
- 1 point will be deducted for each article that does not come from a news source. Here is an example of something that DOES NOT count as a news article (Links to an external site.).
- How does this topic relate to public health? (5 points)
- 1 point extra credit if you are able to find articles that relate to this week’s material (Ch. 21-25). You will need to mention the chapter and the concept when answering this question.
- What are some similarities between the two articles (if any)? (4 points)
- What are some differences between the two articles? (4 points)
- Does one (or both) of the articles appear biased (Links to an external site.)? Briefly explain why or why not. (4 points)
Answers must be written in complete sentences. (1 point)
Generally when we think of the word “environment” we picture things such as air, land, and water. Public health addresses these types of physical environmental issues, but also focuses on different types of environments as well. One of those environments is called the ‘built environment (Links to an external site.)‘. The built environment and the physical environment collectively can impact health either positively or negatively.
Task 1- Video
Please watch the below video prior to writing your post.
Please address the following in your post:
- Discuss the correlation between the built environment and the physical environment. Provide at least one example other than the one provided in the video. (8 points)
- Research either a local, state, or national public health program that works in promoting environmental health in the United States. Describe the program along with at least one example of something that the program is currently working on or has worked on in the past. (8 points)
- The post must be at least 250 words. (2 points)
- Include at least 1 outside reference, cited in APA format. This reference needs to be cited both in-text and at the end of the post in a reference list. (2 points)