Read the Patient Safety and Quality Improvement Act of 2005 (Links to an external site.), and review the information on the Measures (Links to an external site.) web page of The Joint Commission website. Pick one of the core measures from the list on the left-hand side of this web page. For this assignment, create a PowerPoint presentation in which you explain how a hospital would typically put policies and procedures into place to ensure that it is following your selected core measure.
In your presentation,
- Describe the core measure you chose.
- Analyze how your hospital will follow the requirements in the chosen core measure.
- Examine the penalties that will occur if this policy/procedure is not followed.
You are basically creating the policy/procedure and presenting it on the PowerPoint as if you were presenting to an audience.
Create a PowerPoint presentation using the guidelines below. Your presentation must utilize at least two scholarly sources from the last five to seven years, in addition to the textbook, that contain research regarding how your policy and/or procedure would be put into place in a hospital setting.
The Core Measures PowerPoint presentation assignment
- Must be five to seven slides (excluding the title slide and reference slides) and be formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
- Must use speakers notes as follows:
- Speaker notes are the typed notes that appear below the slide that complement the presentation slides. Whereas the slides will have short bulleted items, the speaker notes will be more detailed. They are essentially what the presenter would say during the presentation to explain each of the bulleted points on the slide. Therefore, it is important that the speaker notes are concise and detailed when explaining the bullet points.
- It is recommended that PowerPoint Slides contain no more than five bullet points and should not contain more than seven to 10 words each. Do not type paragraphs or long sentences on the slide. The information that explains each bullet point is conveyed via speaker notes or by recording your voice to each slide