Students will be asked to plan the 2023* edition of the European Universities Football Championship, involving 32 teams from 16 different countries (16 teams men’s teams and 16 women’s teams) and around 700 participants (including players, coaches, referees and members of the team delegations). A university in Barcelona has been appointed as the host of this edition, but their facilities cannot host such a big competition, so the competition needs to find a venue within the Barcelona province. (*As a matter of fact, the 2023 edition has already been awarded to Tirana, Albania, but for the sake of a better knowledge of the hosting region by the students, we will use Barcelona as the host of the competition).
As the heads of the organizing committee, students will be required to draw a plan including all the areas dealt with in class, ranging from the definition and description of the stakeholders, to the budgeting and rundown of the whole event. The topics the students will be asked to address are (but not limited to):
- Stakeholders involved and the objectives each of them may have in the event.
- Selection of the venue precise location, and justification of that choice.
- Definition of the different areas/departments of the organizing committee and the tasks assigned to each of them.
- Facilities outline.
- Travel & accommodation considerations.
- Sustainability plan to be implemented.
- Risk assessment plan.
- Event marketing: Promotion plan & sponsorship concept.
- Ticketing concept.
- General runsheet of the whole event and sample rundown of a game.
- Post event evaluation.
The document needs to include both an introduction, a core with each of the different items/topics dealt with, and a conclusion to summarize the decisions made.
The task should be submitted as a document (PDF), including the necessary graphic elements to support the decisions made.