I’m trying to study for my English course and I need some help to understand this question.
write thesis and outline for rhetorical analysis easy and thesis should be only one sentense
Before you write your thesis statement, keep in mind that your thesis statement must:
- Tell the reader how you plan to interpret the relevance of your topic.
- Serves as the “road map” for your entire paper. Therefore, it should tell the reader what to expect from the very beginning.
- It provides a direct answer to the question your topic answers. The thesis statement is your interpretation of a subject or a question and not the subject itself. For instance, if you’re writing an essay about politics, then your thesis statement must provide the reader with a way to understand this topic.
- Make a claim which others might argue with.
- Be just one sentence which you write at the start of your document. Often, you would write your thesis statement by the end of your first paragraph and its purpose is to present your argument to the reader. From there, you can start gathering and organizing evidence which helps persuade the reader of your point of view.
Chronicles of Narnia series is one of the richest works of the 20th century because it offers an escape from reality, teaches readers to have faith even when they don’t understand, and contains a host of vibrant characters.
In the above persuasive thesis, you can see the opinion about Narnia followed by three clear reasons. This thesis is perfect for setting up a tidy five-paragraph essay.