Review the following lectures:
- Pay, Benefits, and Employment Outside of the United States
- Compensation Challenges for the HR Professional
- Contingent Workers
The project assignment provides a forum for analyzing and evaluating relevant topics for this week on the basis of the course competencies covered.
As an HR professional, you will face many challenges. How you respond to each challenge is predicated on the knowledge you have regarding the employees’ concerns and the applicable laws. You were recently apprised of an issue pertaining to Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) for one employee, and the contingent worker stated that he or she has not received overtime for the past two months. You were not aware of either of these issues until now.
To start your investigation and prepare for mediation, select one of the topics, ADEA or overtime, and
- Evaluate one of the laws on the applicable government website and discuss its critical points.
- Analyze a court case that resulted in one of the following: ADEA or overtime.
- Identify any relevant information from the court case to prepare for mediation.
- Defend the steps you will take to prepare for mediation.
To support your work, use your course and text readings and also use the South University Online Library. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
- Create a 2–3 page Microsoft Word document.
- Name your file as SU_HRM5040_W4_Project_LastName_FirstName.