For this assignment, you have the opportunity to take a variety of self-assessments to learn more about yourself and identify your assets and weaknesses as a leader. This will assist you in discovering how you can improve your own self-leadership skills. You will be asked to think critically about your results and submit a reflection as directed below. As a starting point, review the resources on conscious capitalism at: http://www.consciouscapitalism.org/. There are several helpful resources, including white papers and speech transcripts, available under the Content tab on the main page of this site. Conduct additional research beyond this website on the principle of conscious leadership.
Refer to the “Self-Assessment Links” resource in Topic Materials and complete each test. Be sure to document the results of each assessment to assist you in completing the reflection portion of the assignment below.
After completing the self-assessments, write a minimum 1,000-1,250 word reflection in which you discuss the following:
- Explain the characteristics of conscious leadership as defined by Mackey and Sisodia. Provide citations to strengthen your claims.
- Choose two historical management theories and explain their influence on the field of organizational behavior. Provide citations to strengthen your claims.
- Describe the importance of self-awareness, self-concept, and emotional intelligence and the role they play in enabling effective conscious leadership and effective self-leadership. Provide citations to strengthen your claims.
- Briefly summarize the results of each assessment you completed. In general, do you believe the results represent who you are as a leader? How will the results inspire you to be a conscious leader? Explain.
- Briefly, conduct a self-reflection in which you answer the following questions: What insights have you gained about yourself after taking the assessments? How could this knowledge influence your values, attitude towards others, and how you approach new tasks in the workplace? What have you learned about what it takes to lead others or how you respond to the management tactics of others within the workplace? What have you learned about your ability to lead others within the workplace?
- Explain the value of analyzing organizational behavior from the individual, group, and organizational perspective. How do your self-assessment results contribute to this? Provide citations to strengthen your claims.
Use a minimum of four scholarly sources to support your analysis and reflection.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.