For this assignment, you will be writing a Critical Analysis paper evaluating the leadership of the two main characters in the film “Invictus”, in an (APA Style). Make sure you review the rubric below to assist in the formulation of the paper. If you quote an article (from class or not), please make sure you properly cite where you obtained the information.Below you will find detailed instructions with 8 questions to address (in no particular order) in your paper.
Points that must be covered in paper—see rubric
Remember you must reference 3 of the articles from the assigned reading in class—any 3 articles you wish. Remember to properly cite these articles.
1. Watch carefully leadership traits on display in scenes from Invictus. Connect these scenes to the concepts discussed about being a leader.
You must select 3 scenes and describe the leadership strength taking place in each scene.The scenes can all be of Morgan Freeman or Matt Damon or a mixture of both. Clearly state why this is an example of leadership strength.
You must select 1 scenes and describe the leadership weakness taking place in each scene.The scenes can all be of Morgan Freeman or Matt Damon or a mixture of both. Clearly state why this is an area where leadership could be improved.
2. What are some leadership traits we see in President Mandela’s character that shows he’s a good leader?
3. What are some leadership traits we see in Francois character that shows he’s a good leader?
4. According to the actions and statements of President Mandela, what is the essence of leadership?
5. What does the poem Invictus mean to Mandela? What might we expect Invictus to mean for South Africa as a nation? Why is it important as a leader to unify its followers even when times get rough? Link for the poem: https://poets.org/poem/invictus
6. Explain why a sports team’s performance can affect the larger institution (like a nation) and how this performance can transcend into a form of leadership.
7. Relate how Emotional Intelligence plays a role in the decisions the characters make.
8. Invictus looks like a good movie, but so what? What can we take–‐away from this movie to help us become better leaders?
Article: Social Intelligence and the Biology of Leadership by Daniel Goleman and Richard Boyatzis
Article: Navigating Change: A Leader’s Role. By David Dinwoodie,
Article: Crisis and Emergency Risk Communication (CERC) By Leaders for Leaders.