Complete a research essay on the government and national security. Remember this is being written for the president to read.
Here are the aspects and questions to address for this essay:
- Identify a current issue being debated about American national security, and state a preferred solution to it and why it’s preferred (This is your thesis statement).
- Explain two competing solutions to this problem while addressing the responsibilities of each level of government (federal, state, and local) and the three branches of the federal government (executive, legislative, and judicial).
- Build the argument for why your chosen solution is preferable, what critics say about the solution, and finally why the critics are wrong.
- 750 word target length (about three pages), not including references listed at the end or footnotes if used.
- Incorporation of concepts and terms from the required readings.
- Inclusion of facts from a recent news article about the topic/solution.
- Correct spelling, grammar, and formatting, whether it’s APA, MLA, or Chicago/Turabian.
- See the essay rubric for further details on grading.
1) Write concisely! More is not necessarily better if the required points from the rubric are missed.
2) Essays should be written in the third person perspective. (Avoid using “I, me, my, mine, we, us, our, you, your”).