I’m stuck on a English question and need an explanation.
To help us with the materials we have covered over the last two weeks, we shall be discussing as a group the materials from Week 4 and 5.
As a reminder here is the list of materials, we covered for Week 4 and 5:
- First Generation (2015, YouTube)
- Carol S. Dweck | “Brainology” (NAIS)
- Angela Lee Duckworth | “Grit” (TED)
- Paulo Freire | Chapter 2 of Pedagogy of the Oppressed
- Bettina Love | “Hip Hop, Grit, and Academic Success”
- Teach Us All (2017, Netflix)
After you have reviewed your notes/annotations on the videos and readings for this week, respond to the following questions:
- How did you feel reading through the articles and watching the videos? Were they easy or hard to read/watch? What did you like/dislike about them? What, if any, connections can you make between the experiences of the authors and speakers and your own experiences? (This answer should cover all sources for the week.)
- Share at least two points that stood out to you from the materials we’ve covered in Week 4 and 5?
- What was your biggest A-HA moment or takeaway? (This can be from any of the sources or involve all of them.)
- This question is optional, and thus you do not have to answer it to receive full points. Do you have any questions for me or your fellow classmates about any of the materials we have covered this week? (If you have questions from your Annotation Worksheets, you can post them here.)
- Your initial response should be 150-300 words per question.
- Your response to at least TWO classmates should be 150-200 words long and be more than “I agree” or “I like what you said.” Engage in conversation!