Chapter 12 Assignment – Jones Soda: Marketing & Consumer Behavior In this case study, we visit Jones Soda, a study in the importance of marketing and consumer behavior. The case study is several years old, but an important illustration of the need for a company to understand its market and customers.
Case Study Synopsis Jones Soda Co is a Seattle, Washington, company known for its unique soda flavors and intimate relationship with its consumers. The case study reviews the company’s rapid rise to a place of prominence in its initial marketplace, and the challenges associated with expansion.
You will need to complete a number of activities for this assignment, please be sure to read each step carefully and check your work prior to submission.
Preparation 1. Review the chapter 12 study materials. 2. Log in to Pearson BizLab and navigate to the Case Study Videos option on the left menu bar to
watch the video titled “Jones Soda: Marketing & Consumer Behavior” 3. Review the Ch 12 Grading Criteria: Marketing & Consumer Behavior 4. Review the Case Study Grading Criteria 5. Review the Example Case Study
Deliverable After you have completed reviewing the textbook and study materials and watching the video, create a Word document in which you address the questions below. Please make sure to include the question number with your answers.
1. Each of the answers should be your own original writing 2. Answer each question completely 3. Cite references from the textbook and the video to support your answers 4. Include and cite at least one external research sources to support your answers 5. Follow MLA guidelines for citations within your document 6. Follow MLA guidelines by attaching a Works Cited section as your bibliography 7. Submit your completed paper to the Drop Box by the assignment deadline.
Approximate Completion Time: between 1.5 – 2+ hours
Case Study Questions:
1. Explain what is meant by the Jones Soda “intimate relationship with its consumers”, and its relevance to the marketing concepts.
2. Describe the target market for Jones Soda during the first few years of the company. 3. Discuss the Jones Soda initial marketing approach, and the way in which Jones “connected” with its
file:///C|/Users/linziyu/Downloads/Chapter%2012%20Assignment.html[12/1/2016 4:44:54 PM]
4. Explain the conditions leading to the Jones Soda decision to expand and the options considered. 5. Describe the decision made by Jones Soda, including any associated changes to the company’s early
marketing approach. 6. Explain the outcome of the decision, and the actions Jones Soda took to recover. 7. Analyze the Jones Soda marketing strategy before and after the decision. Discuss the marketing mis-
steps taken by Jones Soda, and the marketing guidance you would provide to Jones Soda company leaders to recover.
8. Research Jones Soda on the Internet and briefly summarize the company’s current status.
If you still have questions, ask your instructor!
- Local Disk
- C:UserslinziyuDownloadsChapter 12 Assignment.html