- Read Chapter 6, “Navigating Organizational Politics and Culture,” pages 182–214.
- View the Stakeholder Analysis video in Chapter 6. Pay particular attention to how to complete the stakeholder analysis and how to run the meeting.
- Running time: 9:00 minutes.
- View the Force Field Analysis video in Chapter 9.
- Running time: 6:00 minutes.
- Use the questions in Toolkit Exercise 6.4, Understanding the Forces for and Against Change: The Force Field Analysis, on page 212 as a basis for a unit discussion in which you will complete a Force Field Analysis template.
For this discussion, use the two frameworks presented in this unit’s studies and construct a stakeholder analysis for a current or proposed change initiative in your organization. Be sure to include the key components of the stakeholder analysis and name the various types of resistance you anticipate encountering. Then, discuss how using such a process can benefit the leading of change within the political frame of the organization.