I need support with this Health & Medical question so I can learn better.
HI150: Automation of Health Information
Participation Expectations: Please engage on this topic throughout the unit by posting one main response. Your main post to the discussion should contain about 100-150 words, with no more than 10% quoting, and all sources cited with a reference list in APA style if needed.
Discussion Topic: The Electronic Health Record and Data Quality
1. Identify how the EHR helps improve data quality.
2. Review the various data elements and how or if they would be gathered in a CDI (Clinical documenation Improvement) program.
SC131: Human Anatomy and Physiology II
Organ transplantation can be used to replace injured or diseased organs such as the skin, heart, lungs, liver, kidneys, or pancreas. Any one of these transplants can help a patient survive as long as your immune system does not step-in and reject the organ. There are two types of adaptive immunity: cell-mediated and antibody-mediated immunity. Both types can mount an attack against organ transplants causing graft rejection.
Use your textbook readings and other reliable resources to research these topics in further detail. Then, in your main post, answer the following discussion questions:
- Describe how and why both types of adaptive immunity can cause problems with organ transplantation.
- What form of treatment is utilized to help lessen rejection and how long must it be administered?
- Describe two of the four varieties of grafts (autografts, isografts, allografts, and xenografts) and the steps taken to lessen graft rejections.
- Research “skin cell gun.” Explain what this experimental device can do. Describe how this may change how we treat second and third-degree burns.
- What is your personal opinion on individuals using their own stem cells to speed healing and recovery times after an injury?