Class Objectives and Topics
- To learn about the nature of professional behavior
- To understand the purpose of a structure
- To become familiar with the terminology
- The link between sustainable development and engineering ethics (PowerPoint)
- Importance of protecting public safety, health, and the environment in engineering ethics
1 and 3-Hour
Read “Fallacies of Risk” by Sven Hansson
(One Page, Single Spaced, 12-Point Font, write each question and answer below)
- What are the sheer size and converse sheer size fallacies?
- What are some ways to understand “natural”
- What is the proof-seeking fallacy?
- What is the delay fallacy?
- What is the technocratic fallacy?
- How do statements by the German committee for occupational exposure limits illustrate this fallacy?
3-Hour (additional Homework)