I’m stuck on a Writing question and need an explanation.
I have sent you what I had started working on it is 1 page
APA Format- 1 title page, 6 pages and reference page (double spaced).
TOPIC: Parental stress of children with IDD (intellectual developmental disabilities) due to lack of resources for autism
[the topic can be specified more according to the articles selected]
I will be sending a follow up email with a list of articles to choose from. Must be 6 articles. I also attached the first page I had written to act as a guide;
- Only 6 journals are needed for the paper however I am sending 7 incase one article doesn’t work out. Some of these are based on personal studies, however I think that aiming it at a more personal angle could strengthen the argument. (If more articles are needed or if the ones provided aren’t helpful, let me know asap so that I can help). The paper can NOT be in the first person and it cannot impose my opinion at all. This is solely based on research and results that support that topic. I will also send 1 page of the paper in a follow up email that I wrote as a sort of introduction to help you start it out..These links are available to CSUN students so you may need my portal log in to access. Just in case I will send it now:
Username: bjg42172Password: Melanie25!________________________________________
Minnes, P., Perry, A., & Weiss, J. A. (2015). Predictors of distress and well‐being in parents of young children with developmental delays and disabilities: The importance of parent perceptions. Journal of Intellectual Disability Research, 59(6), 551–560. https://doi-org.libproxy.csun.edu/10.1111/jir.12160
- Paynter, J., Davies, M., & Beamish, W. (2018). Recognising the “forgotten man”: Fathers’ experiences in caring for a young child with autism spectrum disorder. Journal of Intellectual and Developmental Disability, 43(1), 112–124. https://doi-org.libproxy.csun.edu/10.3109/13668250.2017.1293235
- Miodrag, N., & Hodapp, R. M. (2010). Chronic stress and health among parents of children with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Current Opinion in Psychiatry, 23(5), 407–411. https://doi-org.libproxy.csun.edu/10.1097/YCO.0b013e32833a8796
- Burke, M. M., & Hodapp, R. M. (2014). Relating stress of mothers of children with developmental disabilities to family- school partnerships. Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, 52(1), 13–23. https://doi-org.libproxy.csun.edu/10.1352/1934-9556-52.1.13
- Dempsey, I., Keen, D., Pennell, D., O’Reilly, J., & Neilands, J. (2009). Parent stress, parenting competence and family-centered support to young children with an intellectual or developmental disability. Research in Developmental Disabilities, 30(3), 558–566. https://doi-org.libproxy.csun.edu/10.1016/j.ridd.2008.08.005
- Kleefman, M., Reijneveld, S. A., & Jansen, D. E. M. C. (2015). Prevalence and determinants of need for formal parenting support among parents raising a child with a borderline to mild intellectual disability. Journal of Intellectual and Developmental Disability, 40(1), 49–56. https://doi-org.libproxy.csun.edu/10.3109/13668250.2014.956659
- Stewart, M., Knight, T., McGillivray, J., Forbes, D., & Austin, D. W. (2017). Through a trauma-based lens: A qualitative analysis of the experience of parenting a child with an autism spectrum disorder. Journal of Intellectual and Developmental Disability, 42(3), 212–222. https://doi-org.libproxy.csun.edu/10.3109/13668250.2016.1232379