In this project, you will demonstrate your mastery of the following competencies:
- Create and deliver communication messages informed by the application of storytelling concepts
- Analyze how stories are used to meet various communication goals
- Evaluate cultural representation in various forms of communication messages
You are a communications consultant being asked to create a storyboard presentation for a campaign sponsored by an organization looking to engage their audience in some way.
The details for each scenario are vague to allow you to add your own details if you would like, but you cannot revise or remove what is already listed in the scenario.
Choose one of the following scenarios:
- A nonprofit organization focused on saving endangered wildlife wants to raise awareness about the impact of natural disasters on wildlife.
- A nonprofit organization that operates a food pantry and kitchen is having difficulty retaining volunteers to work in positions that do not require direct interaction with the people the organization serves. Such positions include stocking the shelves and early morning kitchen prep.
- A nonprofit organization that works with LGBTQIA+ youth is looking to promote their new 24/7 crisis text line service and recruit volunteers to work as crisis counselors.
- A for-profit organization that manufactures furniture wants to increase the sales of its new line of tables. The tables can extend in multiple directions to accommodate up to 20 people.
- A for-profit organization that provides financial planning services wants to announce its new office location in a country outside of the United States.
- A county public health department is concerned that the people living in the county do not trust its information or recommendations because of the negative implications of being a government organization.