I need an explanation for this Social Science question to help me study.
Chapters 21 and 22: Quantitative Data Analysis
1) Provide an example of each of the follow levels of measurement: Nominal, Ordinal, and Ratio.
2) Explain the difference between a univariate analysis and a bivariate analysis.
3) You have provided a 15-session psycho-educational support group intervention for people who recently completed inpatient treatment for substance abuse. Of the 10 clients who were in the group, two attended all 15 sessions, two attended 14 sessions, two attended 13 sessions, two attended 12 sessions, and two attended just 1 session. Calculate the mean and the median number of sessions attended. Which measure of central tendency, the mean or the median, do you think is more appropriate to use in portraying the average number of sessions attended for the above data? Why?
4) Explain what the null hypothesis is and please explain how statistical significance refutes chance.
5) Explain the difference between a Type 1 Error and a Type II Error.
6) Explain why statistical significance does not tell us the magnitude of the relationship between the independent variable and the dependent variable.