One of your closest friends, Pat, has been recently promoted to vice president of Company XYZ. Company XYZ is a thriving company that is known for being focused on task management. Pat has always found this practice unsettling and wants to change the culture of Company XYZ. Pat is well-liked and respected by peers.The company has seen tremendous growth over the years, but the past 2 years have been trending downward. A recent employee survey has caught Pat’s attention. The survey polled employee job satisfaction and leadership satisfaction. The employee satisfaction rating was, on average, 5 out of 10, and the leadership satisfaction rating was 4 out of 10 on average. The scores have other members of management puzzled, but Pat believes that increasing these ratings could turn things around.Company XYZ’s yearly leadership conference is a month away, and Pat has been asked to speak on achieving organizational objectives. Pat knows that you have recently enrolled in a management course and wants to hear a fresh perspective. You will see Pat next week, and you have been given a list of things to consider prior to the meeting:
- What are some characteristics of a successful leader of an organization, division, or department? [Unit Learning Outcome 6.1]
- What do followers expect from a leader? [Unit Learning Outcome 6.2]
- What do leaders expect from followers? [Unit Learning Outcome 6.2]
- Identify a strategy to increase the leadership satisfaction rating. [Unit Learning Outcome 6.3]
- Identify a strategy to increase the employee satisfaction rating. [Unit Learning Outcome 6.3]
Pat wants to read over your suggestions prior to the meeting and wants a document that is a minimum of two pages addressing these questions. Be sure your submission is double-spaced and includes a title and reference page.
Book…Daft, Richard L. The Leadership Experience. Available from: VitalSource Bookshelf, (7th Edition). Cengage Learning US, 2017.